How To Pick The Perfect Diamond
Finding the perfect engagement ring can be an overwhelming and stressful experience. There is a lot of pressure surrounding such a big purchase, which is why The Vault Milton strives to make every decision exciting and a choice you can be confident in.
There are 5 key things that one should consider when finding the perfect diamond:
The Shape, as well as the 4 C's (Cut, Clarity, Carat, Colour). It is important to remember that all of these factors working together determine a diamond's value.
- Shape: Shape indicates the actual geometry of the stone, and is a diamond's most obvious trait. Types of diamond shapes include: Round, Pear, Princess, Oval, among several others.
- Cut: The beauty of a diamond depends heavily on its cut, which refers to the angle and proportions of the facets within a diamond. The cut ultimately determines how a diamond reflects light, leading to how well it sparkles. the grade of a diamonds cut ranges from excellent, very good, good, fair and poor.
- Clarity:A diamond is said to be flawless when it has no inclusions. Inclusions can be internal or external. Internal inclusions can resemble a cloud, a feather or a needle. External ones can include cavities that are at the diamond surface. The grading of a diamond's clarity ranges from F (Flawless), to VVS (Very, Very Slightly Included), VS (Very Slightly Included), SI (Slightly Included) and I (Included).
- Carat Weight: Diamond carat is the measurement of how much a diamond weighs. The size and dimensions of a diamond subsequently increases with its carat weight.
- Colour: A perfect diamond is completely colourless. Diamonds are graded on a D-Z colour range scale, with D-E-F representing colourless. The further you go down the alphabet, yellow or brown hues start to appear and become more obvious when you get closer to Z. Colour distinction can be very subtle, yet significantly affects a diamonds value.
These terms and grades may be confusing, but the team at The Vault Milton are qualified and excited to help every customer find the perfect diamond.